Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hello, Pansies

Out went the bedraggled petunias and in came purple and white pansies to the porch windowboxes. They look like Christmas ornaments. Keeping in the holiday theme, the Bradford Pear is a spectacular combination of deep red and green. I love this tree!

Everything's getting a good autumn (yes, it's still autumn) drink with all the rain that's fallen and will continue to fall. The retention ponds (and overflow ponds) are filled. I like this so much better than the bare, dry holes that have dotted the area the last two years.

Camellias are full of buds. Some earlier varieties have been blooming since October (but not in my yard). I don't know what my camellias are called. They were here when we moved in. All I know is they are beautiful!

No comments: